Zucchini spaghetti with garlic prawns recipe
In addition to being a very healthy recipe, it’s a great gluten-free option since wheat is replaced with a very nutritious and versatile vegetable. Prawns are the icing on the cake and make this quick and easy recipe a tasty and balanced choice.
- 15 min
- Total time
- 30 min
- 5 min
For 3 people
- 3 zucchini
- 360 g of peeled prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 180 g of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chilli or cayenne
Steps to make zucchini spaghetti with garlic prawns.
- Chop the garlic and chilli and fry them over low heat while stirring to avoid burn.
- When the garlic is golden brown, add the peeled prawns and fry for 5 more minutes—season with as much salt and pepper as you like.
- Meanwhile, wash the zucchini and grate them using a specific vegetable peeler or a regular peeler. Once you’ve cut the zucchini, mix the slices in with the prawns.
- Stir and season as you wish for 5 minutes to mix all the flavours. Then, add Parmesan cheese or pesto sauce and voila!
Tip: Wrap the grated zucchini in a paper napkin before adding it to the pan and squeeze it hard. This will prevent the vegetable from releasing too much water.
The Zucchini Spaghetti Advantage
Unlike any traditional pasta dish, this recipe will make you feel light and satiated, instead of full and bloated, as classic spaghetti does. Its excellent flavour also characterises this dish – it’s rich in fibre and low in carbohydrates. This recipe is a perfect option for anyone who wants to take care of their body and enjoy the pleasure of eating.
You can combine zucchini spaghetti with grilled meat or rice, but it’s also great as a main dish.