- 45 min
- Total time
- 45 min
- 10 min
For 4 people
- 1 kilo of ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 100 g of crushed dates
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ green pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 pinch of salt
Steps to make tomato sugar-free marmalade:
- Start by blanching the tomatoes so you can peel them easily. Then, remember to make a criss cross cut on the tomato and put it in boiling water for a few seconds. Then, put into a container with very cold water.
- Once the tomatoes are peeled, chop them and place them in a pot with crushed dates and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat, constantly stirring until you have the desired texture. The time spent mixing will vary, depending on how you like your marmalade the most.
- We have it! Now it’s time to introduce the homemade jam in sterilised glass jars and keep them in a place without humidity.
Tip: In this recipe, dates are the ingredients that sweeten the jam. However, if you prefer a rather salty jam, we recommend choosing any of the ingredients on the list. You can add any of these ingredients, chopped or crushed. You can also enhance the flavour with a splash of red or white wine.
The healthy jam that goes with everything
This marmalade can be a great salad dressing, an excellent appetiser or a great option to add a touch of flavour to a meat or fish meal. You should know that, apart from its versatility, this marmalade is excellent for children’s meals. You can serve it with vegetables to make these more appealing for kids or use it as a substitute for ultra-processed sauces.
Ok, but what if you don’t like dates? No problem, you can make this marmalade without dates. It won’t be as sweet, but it will be healthier. Both recipes contain polyphenols, a great antioxidant found in tomatoes.