- 15 min
- Total time
- 30 min
- 5 min
For 4 people
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 100 g quinoa
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of corn
Steps to make quinoa stuffed peppers:
- Have all the ingredients ready and wash the quinoa using a strainer.
- Now, for each cup of quinoa, add two cups of water with a bit of salt into a pot. Keep it over medium heat until it evaporates and then lower the heat and cover it for 5 minutes, then remove it.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small squares and sauté together with a pinch of garlic powder, or a very minced garlic clove if you prefer.
- Once you remove the tip and filling from the peppers, cut them into three slices.
- Add the corn to the onion and garlic mixture and mix for a few minutes.
- Add the quinoa and season with salt and pepper (add as much as you prefer), mix everything, then turn the stove off.
- Fill the peppers with a spoon and…it’s ready!
What can you combine stuffed peppers with?
We can serve them as starters or as sider on any meat or fish meal. If you want the food to be vegan or vegetarian, it will also be an excellent alternative to combine them with tofu or seitan, for example.
There’s always the option of making the filling richer in protein and adding any of the mentioned ingredients to make it a main dish.