Chickpea with aubergine and zucchini recipe
This combination of legumes with vegetables is a great option for when you have vegan or vegetarian guests. In addition to being nutritious, this recipe will surprise you because it’s easy to prepare and very complete and versatile.
- 10 min
- Total time
- 20 min
- 5 min
For 4 people
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 large jar of canned chickpeas
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 tablespoons of homemade fried tomato
Steps to prepare chickpeas with eggplant and zucchini:
- Finely chop garlic and onion. Cut the aubergine, zucchini and carrot into small cubes.
- Fry the garlic and onion in a pan over medium heat with olive oil for about a minute
- Add the carrot, then the eggplant and sauté. When ready, add the zucchini.
- Turn the heat to low and add the tomato sauce, chickpeas and a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes and voila!
Tip: you can top with cilantro, parsley or sweet paprika.
Chickpeas with aubergine and zucchini and many more possibilities
This is such a nutritious recipe that it could be served as a single dish, but to make it even more complete, we recommend pairing it with broccoli, pumpkin or spinach. We can also add rice or, if you want to increase your protein intake, you can mix in beef, chicken or prawns. This dish offers many possibilities. If someone in the family or any of your guests doesn’t like an ingredient, you can always make small variations to keep everyone happy.
This dish is high value in fiber, vitamins and minerals. It’s low in calories and what’s best: it has a high satiating effect. We can use it as a side meal to accompany with meat or fish. The result? Delicious!