Avocado and cucumber salmorejo recipe
Take note because this salmorejo recipe, in addition to having a great flavour, it contains many nutrients. In addition to being original, this recipe is healthy, quick to make and surprising.
- 15 min
- Total time
- 15 min
- 15 min
For 4 people
- 1 pear tomato
- 3 large ripe avocados
- ½ cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150 g apple
- 1 lemon
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash of white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Steps to make avocado and cucumber salmorejo:
- Peel the cucumber and tomato and then chop them. Then remove the seeds and add everything to the mixer.
- Peel the garlic and, pry the germ out and add it to the mixture.
- Then, peel the apple and add it to the mixture. Also add lemon juice.
- Add as much vinegar as you fancy.
- Now it’s time to mix in the avocado.
- Finally, season with oil, salt and pepper to taste. Now it’s time to blend the mixture until it is smooth and creamy.
- Let it cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- To present this meal, finely dice or brunoise some tomato, pepper and onion.
Tip: you must pry the germ out of the garlic to avoid regurgitation.
Don’t forget to let the meal cool down – its refreshing taste enhances its flavour.
What goes well with this salmorejo
There are many options. You can garnish it with prawns, cooked prawns or shredded bonito. You can even add diced cucumber or apple and sprinkle some raw crushed pistachio on top. The possibilities are endless!
This dish is rich in nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin C and E, polyunsaturated fatty acids and water with a spectacular texture. We must not forget that this recipe is suitable for celiac and lactose-intolerant people. They can enjoy this refreshing salmorejo without a problem!